Wilton is nestled in the Norwalk River Valley in western Connecticut. Located in Fairfield County, Wilton is north of the City of Norwalk, west of the Town of Weston, and east of the Town of New Canaan. Wilton’s 18,200 residents live in an area of 26.8 sq. miles. Wilton is 55 miles from midtown Manhattan and is within easy driving distance from Westchester County, New York. The Town is accessible from routes 7, 33, 106, and 107.
In 2016, Wilton was ranked #1 in Niche’s Report on the Best Suburbs to Raise a Family in Connecticut.
According to the Wilton Chamber of Commerce, Wilton has the following stats:
|MEDIAN FAMILY INCOME||$163,000|
|MEDIAN HOME PRICE||$1,000,000|
|STUDENT TO TEACHER RATIO||13:1|
|MILES FROM MANHATTAN||45|
|COMMUTE TIME TO STAMFORD||20 min.|
“Wilton is today, like many other Fairfield County towns, an expensive residential community with open lands, historic architecture and extensive town services. Residents commonly commute to New York City, Stamford, and Norwalk, although there are a number of office buildings in town. Wilton is home to many successful start-up companies, national strategy and professional services and consulting firms, and global corporations such as ASML, Deloitte & Touche, Sun Products, Breitling USA, Cannondale Bicycle Corporation, Melissa & Doug, Clear Conscience Pet and the Blue Buffalo Company. Many Fortune 1000 companies are headquartered within a 30-minute train or car commute.” Wikipedia
Wilton is only one hour from Grand Central Station on the New Haven Line Danbury branch of Metro-North Railroad, which runs daily commuter service.
- Wilton Train Station: 7 Station Road, Wilton, CT 06897-2515 (48.5 miles to Grand Central Terminal)
- Cannondale Train Station: – 22 Cannon Road, Wilton, CT 06897-2625 (50.2 miles to Grand Central Terminal)
According to U.S. News & World Report, Wilton High School is ranked 7th within Connecticut in 2016. “Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® course work and exams. The AP® participation rate at Wilton High School is 64 percent.”
- Miller-Driscoll School: Pre K-2
- Cider Mill School: Grades 3-5
- Middlebrook School: Grades 6-8
- Wilton High School: Grades 9-12
There are three private elementary schools in town:
- Connecticut Friends School, a Quaker school, kindergarten through eighth grade
- Our Lady of Fatima, a Catholic school, preschool through eighth grade
- The Montessori School, preschool through eighth grade